The fundamentals of any kind of business venture is buying an asset, saving it till the right speculation comes and selling it with the right profit margin. Whether is stock exchange or real estate this is what a business man is actually doing? For instance, a real estate agent has a property for example a flat to sell, he already has the asset, he will re decorate, finish the flat interior as well as exterior properly, get into serious negotiations with potential buyers and then after all the anticipation when he feels he has struck an awesome deal, he seals it with the customer. In any business there are a lot many aspects you need to look into when you are finally looking into forwarding the asset .Sometimes you hire professionals to do it sometimes you don’t, it all depends on the scale of business and the personal choice of the entrepreneur.
Trading on the stock market is another area where the educated and diligent researchers can succeed. Knowing market trends, tracking company performance and economic indicators can all provide an extra edge and if you work on it full time you just may come out on top more often than not. Both the stock market and real estate industry have long been considered staple investment opportunities and even full time careers for those that choose to take on the challenge.
There has been a revolution in the web industry as well .There are these days a unique kind of entrepreneurs who have taken the concept of flipping to another area. Buying and selling of online businesses. A shrewd businessman will buy a underperforming or a standard stagnant business, work with it, enhance it sand then finally sell it to another person at a good cost. It isn’t as easy as it seems, as buying or selling a website requires a good network and diligence but the end results can be very rewarding and it is very interesting business too.
If you a website is bought solely for selling purpose, then try that you buy the website at a decent bargain cost. If you go wrong you may end up losing a lot of money (just as you can with the stock market and real estate), so you really want to be sure of your skills and ability before investing.
The internet world is very different now , its huge ever expanding and it changes so quickly , most of the entrepreneurs running their business are frankly speaking aren’t running it good enough to generate desired income and run the website to its optimum capacity . ). Making a profit may be as simple as implementing a smart AdSense campaign on a popular site after buying it from an owner wishing to move on to other things. Making a few things work like having better advertising , using email to build a brand value of the business , improving the content and also circulating it properly over the search engines etc. , helps a lot in building traffic and making your website profitable . If we did some statistical sampling of the web industry search engine optimization techniques would be understood by a minority of webmasters and implemented well by even fewer. Search engine optimization is becoming mainstream and no doubt as the web continues to mature more and more people will study, test and build better websites, but it’s definitely still early days.
What was my aim by writing the above points were that, web market is still a bud that has a long way to go and this makes me think another aspect of it? That is, business opportunity! For those who are far sighted and have sufficient knowledge can understand the fact that investing a little amount of money and using all your focus and energy can make a website which was not so promising before a strong business venture. There are Websites with potential go for as low as a few hundred dollars.
Advantage of buying a website –
The biggest advantage of buying a website is that you don’t have to work so hard to build it .You already have an audience and you don’t have to wait for the website to be indexed into search engines . Most webmasters, even those that don’t know their SEO from their XML, will understand the benefit of link exchanges. Even the most poorly managed sites should have some form of backlink network developed and return a result in the major search engines. It may not be in the top ten searches .But if you work on it and improve the site and its content, you can still make it work.
A mature website, that is a site which is older than 12 months has its own advantage as because you avoid the struggle and the google hassles.
TOP WEBSITE ACQUISITION STRATEGIES
A smart entrepreneur will firstly stop and think about all the various agenda his/her website has to fulfill even before buying a website .What are the expectations from the asset, how is it and for how long is it supposed to perform etc. are some to the benchmarks that have to be set right .In this post we will give you some of the top strategies to set and get an idea of how and for what purpose would you want your website to perform.
- Buy a site that has targeted traffic for a product or service you already produce or sell– You can direct traffic from the new site to your products/services through advertising, email lists or sales pages. This is a perfect way to establish a customer base quickly but make sure that the traffic you are directing is direct and genuine. Don’t get into the trap of buying a high traffic site which consumes lots of bandwidth but doesn’t have the type of user you can leverage for revenue, otherwise you might be buying a liability, not an asset.
- Buy a site that generates advertisement revenue –When you are buying a site, make sure your job is to increase the existing traffic and generate revenue from other sources like advertisement as much as you can .Nothing else besides it, you don’t want to get struck with a site in which you are still in the ground zero stage of building up the brand value. Sites with lots of good content but are poorly optimized are perfect for this strategy. Once you own the rights to the content you can then further leverage it by repacking and republishing the content in your way.
- You can also buy a website for selling it later –This is perhaps a risky venture but the profits are promising. In such cases, you need to buy a site that is clearly under performing and has a huge market potential once you start working with it. Ideally you should locate e-commerce sites selling a product that has an established market that is only just starting to take off online and where the current owners are not good at search engine optimization or online marketing and are willing to sell. The theory here is that you can make a few changes here and there resulting in a good double figure increase in sales in a short period of time. If you can complete your work just before the general marketplace catches up you can make a mint by selling the site at a premium before the Internet becomes saturated and your early mover advantage is eroded or the market slows.The website world is ever changing and always evolving, if you want your bought website to be sold eventually at a fairly good price, you need to be checking online 24 *7.
- Purchase a community driven website – A site with a massive forum filled with a nice target niche audience can be a gold mine to an entrepreneur. Often websites are built as a hobby and not much effort is made to keep in working for a longer run. Their website might have blossomed in growth to the point where the bandwidth is costing them more each month and since they are not skilled in website monetization they will be willing to sell the site at a bargain price. Such sites are very good for earning advertisement revenue, but be careful about what kind of audience have you chosen. Some communities are very difficult to work for and it may even cost you more there. Ideally choose a community demographic that has established high keyword prices in AdSense/high value to advertisers.
- Look for a website that has a high keyword niche – or also a website that you expect to be popular in next future. Keywords drive search engine traffic and if you can pick the trends before they become trends you may own some valuable property.
- Either remove the completion or merge with the competition – Depending on the industry you operate in this can be a very smart strategy to create market dominance. One of the best examples is website hosting. Often smaller hosts are bought up by larger hosting businesses with the result increased stability and professionalism.
- Purchasing a website strictly for a domain name – it’s a very good way for making profit without paying any heed to the website content. Imagine had you purchased blog.com or any such famous URL s few years back, you would have been swimming in money by now. In this case the address itself is of significant value regardless of the website, or if you are good at picking trends, you might see the future value in a domain name before the market realizes it.
So here were few website acquisition ways .Things you can do with your new acquired website entirely depends on what you wanted out of it .Working to make it a success will depend upon your skills and the effort and hard work you put into it .Website acquisition will also depend on what industry you wish to work in, the price of the website and what kind of audience you are willing to work with. Remember to take some time listing a few goals you want your new website to achieve and strategize exactly what you will do with the new website before you buy it.
Moreover make sure you invest a good deal of time and energy in the working of your new website .Also when the sole aim is to buy a website so as to sell it in future. You can sell as well as buy a deal at trademysite which is one of the biggest and the most convenient online marketplaces in the internet.